WTF (Well and Truly Fooled)
Software is big bang nowadays. Everybody is forced to use applications, even if nobody actually needs them. As in this part of the world, big companies like Microsoft are effectively imposing its marketting targets on governments. For example, one application was developed on Oracle; but apparently -as usual, this application could not deliver what it has promissed to do. The government sector payed 2 million local pounds for this piece of worthless rot called application. Mean time in the last couple of years, Microsoft is stressingly promoting for something called E-Gov. In short, the use of microsoft suits to deliver automated governemet. So, Microsoft offers the government sector to implement SQL based system for replacement, and of course for another couple of millions. And suddenly, the government offecials accept the offer like in an exact moron attitude.
"We are doomed", said one of my friends. Unfortunately, well and truly doomed. People like me, who actually write the software (and occasionally miss the marketting deadlines) realize this more than others. If I was the government offecial responsible, I would never spend 4Ms on applications, because I know they do not worth it.
Don't try to fool yourself and think this is the third world. In the eyes of a software marketer, all the world is third and can be well and truly fooled.
"We are doomed", said one of my friends. Unfortunately, well and truly doomed. People like me, who actually write the software (and occasionally miss the marketting deadlines) realize this more than others. If I was the government offecial responsible, I would never spend 4Ms on applications, because I know they do not worth it.
Don't try to fool yourself and think this is the third world. In the eyes of a software marketer, all the world is third and can be well and truly fooled.

<< Home